Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Things Kids Say


So let me preface this by saying that I am a little under the weather and wasn't planning on waking up before 9am but at 6:51am Dylan came in my room...and this is how the conversation went:

Dylan: Mom do you have $39.99?

Mom: Huh?

Dylan: Because there is this oven thing on the TV and it is only$39.99

Mom: What?

Dylan: This oven thing cooks your food for you.

Mom: Dylan, I don't have $39.99.

Dylan: But you can lower your cholesterol when you use it to cook your food!

Mom: Dylan my cholesterol isn't high so I don't need to buy that.

Dylan: Oh, OK.

Dylan is a sucker for anything you can order off of the TV, which is funny because I have never ordered anything from the TV before. So needless to say I am now awake on a Saturday morning at 7am with a stuffy nose.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Matthew did something similar the other day but it was about losing weight. Steven always says that he hears everything. So the other day I told my friend that I walk with that I wanted to lose 10 lbs before Christmas. I guess he heard me because this commercial came on and said that you can lose 8 lbs in 4 weeks so then Matthew starts to tell me that I would only need 2 more because I wanted to lose 10. Thanks Matthew

Melissa said...

sorry, to hear you are not feeling well. hope your day gets better!

Ryan said...

That is so funny. I am glad that he is health-concious.