Friday, September 5, 2008

A day late and a dollar short...


Isn't that what they say? Well, our first week at school was great. Now that we are finishing week 2 we are starting to get into the routine of things.


Alex is in first grade and is having a great time. He is such an easy going kid that I really don't worry about him in school. He seems to make friends and like his teacher, Miss. Salfiti, and was so excited to have his best friend, Austin F. in his class.


Dylan is in second grade and has a new teacher this year, Mrs. Cardiff and seem to be enjoying her. He is still trying to get into the groove but I think this year for him will be great. We were struggling at the end of last year with our teacher and I am hoping that Mrs. Cardiff will really be able to pull him in and make the difference. He loves recess and take his basketball every day. He is such a friendly guy and talks to anyone that acknowledges him. He is so funny that way. I have a feeling that come high school that he will be one that everyone knows.


Emma is in fifth grade, just one more year until junior high. This year will be a test for her. She has already had a lot of homework and is working hard to complete it each night. She is also doing safety patrol this semester and is starting 5th grade choir as well. She love the social aspects of school but the school part, not so much. I know that she will do well this year. All her past teachers always say what a sweetheart she is and I think so too. She would help anyone in need.


As for me, I am busy with sewing and sign making and trying to keep up with the laundry (which is and hopefully not always will be my struggle). I am enjoying my quiet time when I get to create new signs or sew new things (but the sewing is usually the same things each week). I have 3 fairs this fall for the vinyl and thinking about a 4th but we will have to see. I really enjoy this hobby/business. I think it is the most fun money-making-hobby thing I have ever done.


Justin is still working at Dresser, Inc. and is exploring new possibilities within that company. He was golfing once a week in the summer but that has slowed down. I was so glad he got to spend 2 weeks with us this summer as we traveled to Utah. I am grateful to him because he is the driver in the family, he probably drove 40 of the 50 hours we spent in the car. I am not a good driver so I thank him for that. I appreciate all the help he gives me around the house and with the kids.


Well, there you have it...the Hayes family update...

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Sounds like everything is going well...I love the picture but I just can't believe how grown up the kids are...it makes me so sad. I already miss you guys.