Thursday, September 25, 2008

"priceless"

My wife is priceless. She does everything she can to make sure there is dinner on the table every night. The nights she doesn't "cook" she feels guilty, so I am grateful for cooked meals. Last night was no exception either.......

I'm sure, or so my brain says, that most of the families we know or associate with take the time to sit as a family to eat meals....especially dinner. Last night my wife "made" Wal-mart lasagna with french bread. Our boys are typical hot dog and potato chip kinda eaters, so when we have something to eat with lots of colors in it we get nervous and prepare for emotional breakdowns.

As my boys studied the lasagna to see what was in it, I took a piece of bread and told them that I liked to put some of the sauce on my bread and eat it. I made the "oh so good" face and the boys tried it as well. Dylan said mmmm, its so good. Alex then said mmmmm this is priceless. With nearly every bite Alex commented on how priceless it tasted. It was very funny and I'm sure my wife appreciated the sincere attempt he made in commenting on the dinner....very funny though and I just had to share.

That was priceless.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

It was Stouffers and was pretty good...we also talked about the kids being priceless and it was sooo cute the way they expressed themselves. I am proud of them for eating it...they are getting so much better at trying new things and I am so grateful for that.

Ryan said...

That is cool. Wives are great arent they? They always do so much for the family and we unfortunately praies them enough. Just a side note, I hope you guys are keeping a book of all of these sweet memories with your family. Of course I guess you got the blog. Love you guys!