Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I wonder...

I wonder what my kids think when they finally leave for school in the morning? How many times have I asked them to get their shoes on? Or to put their homework in their backpacks...Come on, let's get going! Hurry Up! Did you brush your teeth? No? why not? Go back upstairs and brush your teeth. You don't have any clean pants???? Did you check the laundry room??? See you do have clean clothes. What? You forgot to do a page of your homework? I asked you yesterday if you had homework and you said no. Get it out and try to do it before you have to leave. Yes, you have to ride your bike today, I have the baby (I watch) and it is a nice morning...soon it will be snow covered and I will drive you then. No, I am not afraid for people to see me in my PJ's when I drop you off at school. There are things for breakfast just not your favorite...I will get more this week. You need lunch money? AHHHHH! Ok, I will put some in your account.....and it goes on.

I swear I talk more in that hour in the morning than I do all week. I am sure when they leave they are as relieved as I am to have them out of the house. I really don't understand why this ritual every morning is so stressful. I need to take a nap now!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

How true that is! It is always the same no matter how much you prepare the night before. My favorite is when they have just left on the bus and you turn around to see something they needed left on the counter or floor or table. Gotta love that!

Stephanie said...

Me again! Just as I finished with my last comment the phone rang and it was Richard saying he left his memory stick at home and he needs an assignment on it:) Luckily I could just email it to him:)

Ali said...

I'm so glad to hear it's not only me. Some days I feel so guilty sending them to school wondering how they can even learn after all we've through in the hour before school.