Friday, December 17, 2010

The Guest Room is now open!

Our guest room in the basement is finished and ready for visitors. There is no door knob, no baseboards and no closet doors but it is still visitable. There is a place to hang your clothes.

I am a bargain hunter and I got some great deals for this room. I think it is the best shopping I have done in a long time. Bed, mattress and box spring, dresser, mirror and nightstand for a whopping $107. I had the bedding and things to look pretty on the dresser. The only thing I am missing is a lamp and for now one will just get borrowed from another room. Part of me wished I could buy furniture and refinish and make money...but the other part of me says too much work and mess so I just do it for myself. I repainted the bed, dresser and nightstand to be a little shabby but with a modern twist. The mirror was just plan wood and I used a stencil and some spackle to make a raised design then did some distressing and I think it is so cute. You can't really appreciate it in this picture.

The bed was pine and I took off the wood scroll and painted it brown.
Vinyl! I love doing vinyl and making cool things. I had a friend want these chandeliers and after making them for her this week I decided that they would look cute in the guest room. It is an easy solution for hanging something or buying something. I love it!
So, if anyone is ever in Utah and needs a place to stay...come over to our house!

6 comments:

Mike and Julina said...

Oh my goodness!!! I LOVE it! I love the beautiful vinyl! Lincoln was looking at this with me and when he saw the bed he said "beautiful bed"!

Stephanie said...

Love, love, love this! I love the chandeliers and the color of the room. So fun that you got such a great deal on everything! You are so talented...very talented, incredibly talented!

Ali said...

It's beautiful! I want to come visit just to stay in the room!! Great job and I can't believe what you can do to furniture or the incredible deal you got.

Melanie and Ernie said...

It definitely is adorable.

Angela said...

The room turned out beautiful! I think we are kindred spirits because my friends always give me a bad time about buying new furniture and then refinishing it but I'm with you, it's all about finding a great deal!

Heather said...

Nice work! It turned out great. I'd take you up on your offer, but who wants the baggage I bring (aka 5 rowdy boys!)haha