Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sometimes one voice can make a difference...

I must confess that I am a TV watcher. I love it when the kids are in bed and I can just sit and watch. A while ago there was a Jack in the Box commercial that really made me mad, frustrated and disappointed. My kids happened to be watching with us one night and this commercial came on...the commercial goes something like this. A guy is in a fast food restaurant and another guy comes in wearing Richard Simmons type work our shorts and top and starts stretching inappropriately in front on the other guys face and it is gross. I won't go any further but you get the picture. I was thinking how gross it was and that my kids were watching and what did they think about it. I try to teach my kids about what is and isn't appropriate behavior with their bodies and then this comes on TV and shows them something different. Well, I had seen that commercial before that a few times but that time really did it for me so I went straight for the computer and got onto the Jack in the Box website and made a complaint. I told them how ridiculous that commercial was and what were there advertising people thinking and a few other things and you know what? I haven't seen that commercial since. I kept thinking as soon as I blogged about it it would come back on but it has been over a month and still haven't seen it. Just watch, tonight I will see it. But it goes to show you that maybe one voice can make a difference.

No comments: