Thursday, October 23, 2008

Coupon Game

I have been trying to use coupons since we had a class at church about couponing. It has been about a month now and I have used them when I can. My goal was to not buy things that I wouldn't normally buy even if it was a great deal. You can get great deals on a lot things but reality is that I don't need some of those things. So I have been sticking to that goal. Today I went to Randalls with the ad in hand and my coupons. I purchased only things that were already on sale and then had coupons for a lot of those things as well. At the end of the reciept was the savings of...$58.10. I was so excited. The thing I hate though is chasing around to several stores. I would never shop at Randalls normally, their prices are crazy high but when the items are on sale it makes the savings higher. The other thing that I like is that you can accumulate discounts on gasoline. So that saves even more. The more money I save the more exciting it is.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

That is really cool Samantha. Megan has also been diligent in looking at the ads for coupons and all the good deals. Needless to say, it is amazing how much money you can save. Good job! Appx 60 bucks is like the equivalent of going on like three really nice dates.

Melanie said...

Yeah, I'm not so much of a couponer. I need someone to teach me the ropes. I'd like to be, but when I can just go to Macey's right across the street I'd rather do that, than chasing coupons down at a bunch of different stores (however the savings sounds lovely)