Thursday, October 16, 2008

More Hats

So while I was on my trip, I spent my evenings in my hotel room crocheting. I found a cute hat on another blog (Franco Fab Five) and she was nice enough to share the pattern with me. I had made a couple of hats with the pattern, but we tried them on some babies and they didnt fit too well, so I made some more.

I altered the pattern a little bit as well to accomodate what I was trying to do. I think these look pretty good and I'm sure I'll have more to "show off" because the kids are buggin me to make them one.
My sister wanted one with ear flaps, so I took the design from another pattern and applied it to the basic frame of the hat.


The first "worms in the grass" hat I made was too small and was a finger weight yarn. This one I made with the soft cotton yarn. I made a little design, crease, all the way around where I was slip stitching into the end. Lessoned learned to follow the directions, but its cool...I think.


I followed the original pattern, but just didnt add the "brim" on this. Plus I added a little "charlie brown" stripe. Hooray for me!

2 comments:

Faires Bears and Toads said...

So super cute! I am very impressed. You are on your way with some great desings. Let me know when you post more. I will do the same.

Faires Bears and Toads said...

I need a favor. I am getting ready to publish some of my patterns and wanted to know if you would test one of them for me. I have had a lot of requests for certain patterns that I have been making but, I have never actually written out a pattern for someone else to follow. I want to see if someone else can follow what I do. Also, I want to see what skill level it is at. That would help both of us I think. You could get some fun new patterns and I could get someone else's opinion on if I have written clear instructions. I have lost your email address. Could you let me know what you think.