Thursday, January 8, 2009

Twilight...better late than never

So I finally saw the movie Twlight today. I am glad I waited, I hate crowded theaters. I am also glad I had a chance to digest all the things I had heard about the movie. The one thing I hate about books and movies is that you always picture in your mind the way things look and then you see the movie and it is different. The house and Bella's room where not what I imagined. Some of the characters took me a while to accept especially Edward. I still am not sure about him but by the end I was getting used to him. To me his body wasn't quite right. I liked Bella and most of the others. Alice was different than I had pictured. All in all I thought it was good...but the sparkly body was a little corny. I left feeling a let down as I think that the story doesn't really begin until book two. So I wanted more. Maybe I should wait until they are all out on DVD like I did with Harry Potter...that is the way to do it. I don't think I will be able to last though. One thing for sure is that all the scenery makes me miss Washington and the family we still have there. The drive to the Cullens house reminded me of the drive to my parents house...so beautiful.

2 comments:

Mike and Julina said...

I'm so glad you saw the movie. I wrote a very long chapter on my blog about what I thought about it too. Over all I was disappointed but I did love parts of it. I can't wait for New Moon and I'm so happy it's a different director. I hope New Moon is way better and they have a larger budget.

Stephanie said...

I saw it later as well and took into consideration all the bad things I had heard and so I thought it was decent. My expectations were very low. Brittany still hasn't seen it which is very surprising to me.