Monday, January 5, 2009

Pot Roast Anyone?

I have never been a fan of pot roast, I think because cooked carrots are not my favorite. Growing up my mom made it but I have attempted to make it. I am sure my husband has been bummed about this for the last 12 years. So last night I tried it. I put it in the crock pot before church with some onion and garlic herb seasoning. After church I added some celery, carrots and potatoes. Let it cook for another 3 hours then thickened up the gravy and I have to admit it was so tasty. My kids ate it and there was not one complaint. I even have enough leftovers for lunch. I should have taken a picture of it, oh well.

3 comments:

Mike and Julina said...

Mike and I are huge stringy pot roast lovers. You've been missing out, but I'm glad to hear that it was a hit. Try it again next month. Congrats.

Ryan said...

MMmmmmm that sounds very delicious. Megan just made me a lasagna (moms recipe) and it was super good. I havent had it like in three years so it was a nice treat. Im sure Justin thought the same and is appreciative of your hard work Samantha.

Stephanie said...

That definitely sounds great~I think I will try it!