Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

I'm sitting here at 10:45 Friday morning eating Chicago's best cheesecake from Eli's. One of my vendors flew it in for me. I'm on my second piece this morning. So I'm eating well for the start of the new year.

We have had Honey Baked Ham, cajun shrimp gumbo, funeral potatoes and green bean casserole over the past 2 weeks, but it is so good. I think my New Years Goal is to eat what I can when I can the first month of the year and then suffer until my vendors spoil us with more chocolates, truffles, biscotti, cookies, ham, and cheesecake.

At the rate I'm going it'll be 3 years before I get back into my bikini bathing suit.

We had a nice New Years Eve.......Samantha and I had Wii wars to which she beat me at golf and listened to fireworks until about 3am. Her cousins and brother came over yesterday and we had a nice traditional southern dinner with pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans, potato salad, smoked salmon and cheese logs with crackers. It was a very filling evening.

But it is still lonely not having many friends and family around. Maybe this year we'll make some more friends and invite people over more.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Happy New Year! Where in Houston do you live? We lived in Pearland for 3 years.

Mchicago said...

Thanks for your comments on Eli's Cheesecake.

ALso thanks to your associate for sending.

Marc Schulman
President
The Eli's Cheesecake Company

Ryan said...

The cheesecake sounds good. What flavor of cheesecake? Also, where in the world did your kids get these enormous drumsticks? They look delicious!

Justin said...

The drumsticks you see are all the same drumstick. We shared. They have this HUGE renaissance festival that is not appropriate for children. I just haven't put up the pics yet.