Sunday, July 17, 2011

Random stuff...

Here is the quilt I made for a friend. It is one of my favorites...I know I always say that but this one really is. I told Justin today that I want to make another one like this and hang it in my upstairs hallway...that you can see from the front door...I have been thinking of something to put there and a quilt seems perfect. We will see. I am out of fabric at the moment but maybe in August I can get some and start another one.


Here is a picture of the blessing dress I made for my niece. It wasn't quite finished in the picture and I didn't take my camera to the blessing to get one of her in it but it turned out so cute. I finished the band with a flower and made a headband with a flower to match. She is a cute little one and has a one of a kind dress to keep forever.

This month Alex went to Scout day camp and Justin got to go with him. He had a great time and got do do some fun things. He is such a handsome boy and he just might sail right past Dylan in the height department this year.


Well the boys played city baseball and made it to the State Tournament. Unfortunately they didn't go very far. Their season this year started out rough. They only had a few returning players and several who had never played. I think we lost the first 4 or 5 games and then made a great comeback that took us to State. We won the first game of the Tournament and then the second game was a big bummer...the pitcher on the other team kept hitting our boys and really shook them. Dylan got hit in the elbow of his pitching arm and still has a pretty good sized bruise. So we lost that game and the one that followed putting us out of the Tournament. We are so proud of the boys anyway. They had so much fun and by the end of the season have made so much improvement that next season should be a great one. Way to go Dylan and Alex!!!


2 comments:

Ali said...

What an illness to have. Your quilts are amazing, every single one of them and you should be displaying one on your wall for all to see.
The dress is darling as well....oh to be able to sew, you want to make me some curtains for my house?

You've got some cute boys there.

Anonymous said...

Samantha checked your blog his morning and loved all the quilts. You are so talented. I am sure Megan will love hers. The boys look so cute in their uniforms. Sorry they didn't win.
Mom