Thursday, July 7, 2011

More sewing...it's an illness!

So with the scraps I had from the first quilt I made I made this one...so I has to pick up a little more fabric in the end but it was worth it! I couldn't decide what to do with this one so I washed it a few times and it now has a home on my couch. I love the bright cheerful colors! It makes me feel good just looking at it.

Here is the whole thing. It is so much better in person!

This one I made for a nephew that is getting married in a few weeks. I loved the fabric and just had to have it. I was going to keep this one for my bed but soon realized I didn't have time to find something new to make so...this one goes to Remington and Megan who will be married in August. I hope they love it as much as I do. The lady who machine quilts for me was loving it too and even asked me to explain how I pieced it. She said I did a good job which was a compliment seeing as she quilts 20-30 quilts a week. I have learned a few things from her as well. I even told her if she ever needed another hired hand to give me a call.


I made this one extra big...I wasn't really thinking about how big it would become, I only wanted to have an odd number of stripes so I had to add an extra one to make it the same design on both ends. It isn't quite a king but it would fit one. Next time I will cut the pendants down just a bit. I really love this one so much I really am thinking of making one for my bed. this fabric also comes in a orange, brown, blue combo that is beautiful.
With the left overs from this one I made another one that is being quilted. When I get it back and bind it I will post the pics. I made it for a friend I have been thinking about lately...what better comfort than a quilt, good book and maybe some chocolate!

No comments: