Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hobbies and Passion



Well, when we moved I told Justin all I wanted to do was to quilt. I really haven't had much opportunity since being here but recently I have been able to sit down and work on a few things. I made a queen size quilt for my niece who got married last week and then from the scraps I made another one with a different pattern. Now I must say I am obsessed with looking at quilting fabric and patterns. I love them all I only wish they weren't so expensive. I have plans for 3 more that I hope I can start working on soon. I have been sewing for about 24 years and I love it. Sometimes I make things even though I have no one to give them to. I have even run into people from the past and they tell me that I made their baby a quilt or outfit...I can never remember them but it makes me feel good. Here is a picture of the one I just finished...

4 comments:

rusted sun said...

Funny that you would post this today. I was just telling someone an hour ago about the quilts that you made for Max and Maya. We love them!

Christin said...

I love that quilt!! You have done an amazing job! I just wanted to invite you to my blog momoftwolittlemisters.blogspot.com and this great new site I'm helping promote for mothers, bloggers, wives, and all the women in between! voiceBoks.com

Mike and Julina said...

Those are beautiful!!!

Heather said...

Beautiful! I am sure you had fun on this project. Hope you are all doing well.