Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Summer Fun Part I

This summer we had many things going on...We had a Hayes Family Reunion at Bear Lake and we had a great time! We had a day of family games and everyone had a great time. We played red rover, water ballon toss, squirt gun war and many others.
Squirt gun war...
The kids got to make a t-shirt and they turned out great. Instead of tie-dye, they rubber banded their shirts and used spray paint. So much less mess and they had fun. I was surprised at how much they looked like tie-dye. They are still soft and washed great.
We rented a boat for the day and some tubed while others wake boarded...or at least some of us tried to wake board. It has been a long time since my kids have been on a boat and they enjoyed it. Bear lake was beautiful and clean. We were there all day and only walked away with the slightest of sunburns. There were sand castles and moats and water guns.
We also had family pics taken. I haven't seen all of them both they turned out good. I can't wait to get the proofs so I can see how they all turned out. Here is Grandma and Papa with all the grandkids. We have added 5 peeps to our family since our last pictures. Amazing how they change in just a few years.

We had a great time thanks to Melanie who planned this year!!!

2 comments:

Ali said...

I love the idea of spray painting the shirts, always up for less mess activities. I've heard Bear Lake is awesome right now....thinking I might need to plan a trip for next summer.

Melanie and Ernie said...

Loved it all...I had to much fun doing it!!! Thanks for letting us crash at your place...hopefully we didn't wear out our welcome, if so, too bad we're coming back in a couple months.